Friday is almost done, so I thought I'd update this here blog thingy.
- Updated programming note: Scott Palguta and John Ball are scheduled to join us tomorrow on Kick This! to talk about their re-signing with the Rhinos that was made official this week. Feel free to email me any questions you'd like me to ask. But, I already know that either Jeff or myself will ask Scott if he has an out clause to move to MLS.
- Fred Fauor rates the top 10 athletes in Houston and I'm not too surprised that he has a member of the Dynamo at #5. I am surprised that it's Brian Ching and not DeRo.
- No Short Corners is saying that Michael Parkhurst to FC Nordsjælland is a done deal. I wonder how the Revs will re-load?
- Jack Bell of the NY Times talks to Juan Carlos Osorio about remaking the Red Bulls this off season. He did mention that he would rather not sign a DP and instead use that kind of money on 2 or 3 players. So, Ives Galarcep's idea of dealing the DP slot may be in line with what Osorio is thinking as well.
- Ridge Mahoney's latest at SI.com talks about how San Jose can set the market price for MLS goalkeepers in their dealings with Joe Cannon. Although, Joe could take his gloves and head east across the pond.........
- Big Apple Soccer has a piece stating that Tony Meola could be back in MLS in 2009.He wouldn't be the oldest goalkeeper in MLS........
- Sigi Schmid has officially met with the brass in Seattle. Can the Crew really let him go after the way this season went?
- Brad Guzan looks to get a little bit of playing time as Brad Friedel's back up with Aston Villa.
- Benny Feilhaber is close to returning to training after knee surgery. Hopefully he gets back on track after a horrible last twelve months or so.
- Speakking of guys that need to get well soon, here is a cool Q&A with injured DC midfielder Ben Olsen.
- The Rochester Thunder will join the PDL in 2009.
- I hope the Stampede realize that new Austin head coach Adrian Heath's nickname is "Inchy".
- Inside Minnesota Soccer's Part 2 on the USL off season uses a very familiar source for some of it's storylines.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.