All the talk about whether it was best for the NWSL if Abby Wambach was allocated to the WNY Flash will get a lot of answers in 2013 with Abby Wambach and Carli Lloyd being the two US Women's National Team players that the Flash received today.
They will obviously give head coach Aaran Lines a strong core to build his team around in 2013 and provide the team with the player that they can market to the Wester New York soccer market.
The Flash also received Bryana McCarthy adn Jodi-Ann Robinson from the Canadian National Team and Veronica Perez and Pamela Tajonar from the Mexican National Team.
The next step will be filling out the Flash roster around the six players that they received today. It will be interesting to see who the Flash can bring in to surround Wambach and ensure that she can produce like the fans will expect.
But, given that Lines and the Flash have three championships in three leagues over the past three seasons, I fully expect that the Flash will have a solid team to challenge the two Pacific Northwest squads who did well today.
Portland getting Alex Morgan, Tobin Heath, and Rachel Beuhler from the US, Christine Sinclair and Karina LeBlanc from Canada, and Luz Saucedo and Marlene Sandoval from Mexico looks to have done quite well in the allocation process.
Seattle looks pretty good on paper with Hope Solo, Megan Rapinoe, and Amy Rodriguez from the US, Kaylyn Kyle and Emily Zurrer from Canada, and Jenny Ruiz and Teresa Noyola from Mexico. Although, Rapinoe may not be available at the start of the NWSL season since she's currently in France for Lyon.
- Oh yeah, Abby Wambach was also named the FIFA Women's World Player of the Year earlier this week, too.
- The Lancers are trying to break out of their slump tomorrow night versus Syracuse.
- I love this ESPN commercial.
- Kansas City will host the 2013 MLS All Star Game.
- It looks like Fredy Montero's run in Seattle could be over.
- Toronto FC has named Queens Park Rangers defender Ryan Nelsen as their new head coach.
- Portland finally unveiled Caleb Porter has their new head coach.
- Montreal has hired Marco Schallibaum as their head coach.
- If NY doesn't hire Waldo, they are making a mistake.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.