Indoor Soccer News - Match Report
Indoor Soccer News - Look at the Lancers
As the old saying goes, you only get one chance to make a first impression.
The Lancers debut made a good impression amongst some out of town MISL fans. But with the team taking one on the chin from the Comets by a 13-4 score, it will be interesting to see if Mauricio Salles' highlight reel goal will be enough to bring some of the six thousand plus fans back.
Saturday evening's Lancers match will have the benefit of being a more traditional start time and it will feature a regional rival in the Syracuse Silver Knights. Plus, given that the season opener in Syracuse between these two teams went right down to the last minute, one would expect a more competitive match on Saturday than we saw in the opener.
And hopefully it will be the Lancers scoring late to seal the win.
Other MISL News:
- Greg Howes led the Milwaukee Wave past the Wichita Wings in their home opener.
- The MISL was once again happy with the attendance at matches over the weekend.
- Syracuse GK Eric Reed was named MISL Player of the Week.
- The Flash have lost D Candace Chapman to Sky Blue FC.
- Flash F Christine Sinclair is in this year's class for the USL Hall of Fame.
- MLS Soccer.com's Armchair Analyst can't figure out Klinsmann's MF selections.
- Soccer America wonders of the German-American pipeline will help the USMNT.
- Goal.com wonders if Klinsmann has enough talent to build a winner with the USMNT.
- Studio 90 has inside the lines with the U-23 USMNT.
- MLS Talk has some advice for Klinsmann.
- The USMNT got their first win in Europe in what seems like forever with their 3-2 win over Slovenia.
- Goal.com wonders if Klinsmann needs Michael Bradley as badly as Bob Bradley did.
- Steve Davis thinks the next six weeks just got easier for Klinsmann and the USMNT.
- The USMNT knows it's schedule for the next round of World Cup Qualifying.
News & Notes:
- WVHooligan has it's mock expansion draft list out.
- The San Jose Earthquakes are upping their scouting budget.
- MLS Talk thinks that MLS needs to focus more on the DC United and NE Revolution stadium issues than getting a second team in NY City.
- Could Everton be looking at acquiring Brek Shea and Landon Donovan?
- Could Frank Lampard replace David Beckham with the LA Galaxy?
- Beckham was named MLS Comeback Player of the Year over Charlie Davies.
- Bruce Arena was named MLS Coach of the Year for a record third time.
- MLS Talk thinks that MLS blew it with both of those awards.
- Bob Bradley lost his debut as Egypt's head coach to Brazil.
- Columbus has re-signed Eddie Gaven to a multi-year contract extension.
- Vancouver's Omar Salgado will train with Fulham during the MLS off season.
- The USL vs NASL battle will have a new front with the USL PRO League placing a team in Tampa for the 2013 season.
- The LA Galaxy signed a monster $55 million local TV broadcast deal.
- The NASL is expecting to receive US Soccer sanctioning this weekend.
- Portland's Darlington Nagbe won the MLS Goal of the Year.
- Michael Parkhurst has extended his deal to stay in Denmark.
- A few different MLS players are headed to Germany to train during the MLS off season.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.