After last weekend's 4 point road trip to Puerto Rico and Miami, I am really excited to watch tonight's game in Cleveland on the Fox Soccer Channel.
If the Rhinos are able to get 3 points tonight, they will vault into 2nd place in the USL 1st Division. And given that Cleveland has lost at Miami FC by a 3-1 score and at Austin by a 3-0 score, I would hope that the Rhinos can spoil the City Stars' home debut in 1st Division play.
So either get out to The Distillery on Mount Hope or tune in to the Fox Soccer Channel at 8pm for the game!
News & Notes:
- Devo has a cool 10 Questions with Kwame Sarkodie blog posting up.
- Oakland University has made the Jason Perry signing official. Jason would make a solid assistant coach for the Rhinos in the future.
- Charleston head coach Mike Anhaeuser left midway through their game versus Minnesota. But, it was merely dehydration and he will be on their bench this weekend versus Miami FC.
- Andrea Canales has a nice piece about Tim Howard up at Goal.com.
- I don't get how on the field success in Seattle would be bad for MLS? Does it mean a league is doing this right if it is impossible for expansion teams to compete in Year 1?
- Dema got red carded at lunch? I need to sign him up for my indoor team!
- For those that are wondering who the Rhinos will bring in for friendlies this summer, take heart, Real Salt Lake doesn't know who they'll be playing yet, either.
- Toronto FC's Carl Robinson writes about the weird week that saw their coach quit and the team land at the top of the Eastern Conference standings.
- Speaking of Toronto FC, DeRo is back at practice.
- I hate the theory that a league needs a dominant team. To me, good rivalries are way more important than A team to target.
- Brian McBride was named April's MLS Player of the Month.
- It will be interesting to see what this means for Serie A in the long run.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.