January 17, 2012
Former USMNT F and current Fox Soccer analyst Eric Wynalda did a presentation at the recent NSCAA Convention called "Why not US?".
It was pretty awesome. The written recap is long, but it is a fun read.
He also talked to The Free Beer Movement on this topic.
News & Notes:
- Lancers GK Patrick Hannigan has signed to play outdoor with the NASL's San Antonio Scorpions.
- The Lancers fell to the Milwaukee Wave last night to fall back into a tie with Syracuse. Saturday's game between the Lancers and Silver Knights is going to be huge as the two teams fight for a playoff spot.
- The WNY Flash took Aquinas grad Erica Henderson with their last pick in the WPS Draft.
- Lori Lindsey and Alex Morgan are the two members of the WNY Flash that made the USWNT Olympic Qualifying roster.
- WPS CEO Jennifer O'Sullivan talks about the state of the league.
- Abby Wambach might not play in WPS in 2012 until after the Olympics.
- Dan Borislow has gotten a favorable ruling in his lawsuit against the WPS.
- The changes that US Soccer made to the US Open Cup structure for 2012 are very interesting.
- The Rhinos are bringing D Quavas Kirk back for the 2012 season.
- Brian Bliss is helping out the U-20 USMNT.
- FC NY is one and done in the USL PRO League and won't be back for the 2012 season.
- So much for Klinsmann getting Omar Gonzalez a chance to train in Germany....
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.