October 20, 2009
Rob Clark was on with Andrew and Joe last evening [about 50 minutes into the podcast] and said that there could be a press conference as early as next week if the search for a new head coach and/or GM wraps up in the next couple of days.
Apparently Rob Clark has had a couple of fish wiggle off his hook already.
With hints that player signings could be coming soon, I would hope that a new head coach and/or GM would be in place before too many signings take place. Or, if he feels like he is pretty confident that he has the job(s) filled, perhaps he is getting any signings OK'd first.......
News & Notes:
- Somewhere the TOA is either laughing or crying.
- US Soccer Players.com has an interesting piece on how to market MLS clubs to adults.
- I think that ESPN should hire the best people for the job. If they happen to be British, then so be it. I just don't believe that should be a prerequesite for the job.
- NJ native Carli Lloyd is going home again after signing with Sky Blue FC.
- MLS Talk has a look at the evolution of the Vancouver Whitecaps.
- Yanks Abroad has an early look at the US-Denmark friendly next month.
- Fanhouse has a fun interview with Robbie Rogers.
- Plymouth Argyle is happy to have Paul Mariner back.
- I like the picture on the SBI.net post about who should be the MLS Goalkeeper of the Year!
- Today is FIFA10 day in the US.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.