November 2, 2010
USWNT Blog - Next Up: The BIG One
The US will have a border war on Friday as they face either Canada or Mexico with the winner going to the 2011 Women's World Cup.
The US scored 18 goals and did not allow a goal in their three group stage matches.
My guess is that their next match is going to be a little tougher.
You also have to check out the USWNT Halloween video including Abby Wambach going as Pia Sundhage.
News & Notes:
- Puerto Rico went into Carolina and got a 1-1 draw to win the USSF D2 Pro League title 3-1 on aggregate.
- There have been internet reports that the Washington Freedom and FC Gold Pride won't make it to the 2011 WPS season due to financial issues. The Freedom responded to the reports. Sort of.
- Former Rhino Ross Smith was amongst 8 players that the Portland Timbers released. Also on the list was former Real Salt Lake defender Ian Joy.
- Real Salt Lake and Columbus will face each other in the CCL Quarterfinals.
- New England F Taylor Twellman is expected to retire tomorrow due to concussion issues.
- Ridge Mahoney finishes up his interview with Don Garber.
- Clint Dempsey had both goals in Fulham's 2-0 win over Wigan.
- Steve Davis is looking forward to the Cascadia rivalry heading to MLS starting in 2011.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.