September 23, 2011
USWNT Blog - Rapinoe for Mayor
Youtube - USWNT open training at Nike World Headquarters
Youtube - Rapinoe & Lindsey Q&A
Youtube - USWNT put through Nike Elite 2.0 training
USWNT Blog - Pia & Pinoe unplugged
Abby Wambach scored the first two goals and Alex Morgan got the 3rd goal late as the US defeated Canada 3-0 last night in Portland.
The two goals were numbers 124 and 125 in Wambach's USWNT career and now puts her only 5 goals behind Kristine Lilly for second in the USWNT all-time scoring list.
Next up for the US is a November 19th match in Phoenix against Sweden.
News & Notes:
- If Canada is closing the gap with the US, it didn't show last night.
- The Richmond Kickers have re-signed three of their defenders for 2012.
- No Short Corners has the latest in the Bob Bradley to Egypt story.
- Marcus Hahnemann is headed to Everton to back up Tim Howard.
- Rise & Shine - The Jay DeMerit Story is set for a theatrical release later in 2011.
- The Free Beer Movement has another "Why American Soccer?" piece up.
- JF Torres is on the shelf for 4 to 5 months after foot surgery to repair a broken bone.
- Michael Bradley made his Chievo debut mid-week.
- The USA 10 Kit wonders when the Development Academy will make Bradenton obsolete.
- Rafa Marquez may be the worst teammate in the history of MLS. And here is what Herculez Gomez thinks of Rafa's statement.... UPDATE: Marquez has been suspended by the Red Bulls for tomorrow's game due to his comments.
- The Free Beer Movement has the most memorable soccer commercials of all time.
- Maxwell Griffin is looking to make an impact in San Jose after his solid season in the USL PRO League with Orlando City.
- The San Jose Earthquakes are giving away old school jerseys to people that re-up as season ticket holders.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.