June 3, 2010
The Rhinos will host the Dayton Dutch Lions of the PDL on Tuesday June 15th in the First Round of the 2010 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup tournament.
The winner of that match will face the winner of the Pittsburgh Riverhounds-Detroit United SC match in the Second Round.
MLS clubs enter into the competition in the third round.
News & Notes:
- Devo's latest Rhinoscast features head coach Bob Lilley.
- Nobody can complain that this year's Rhinos squad isn't getting out in the community enough.
- Jozy Altidore turned an ankle today. Hopefull it's not that bad with the England game only 9 days away....
- Yanks Abroad has an open letter to the USMNT team.
- The players on the USMNT could get some fat bonus checks if they can go deep in the tournament.
- The USMNT might be one of the fittest teams at the World Cup.
- This Inside the Pro piece on Tim Howard by Nike Soccer is pretty cool.
- This look at the American Outlaws is pretty sweet, as well.
- No Short Corners takes a crack at what Jose Torres' impact will be for the US.
- Episode #18 of the Waiting for Gaetjens is up. But, the contest for the jersey is over.
- Peter Wilt looks at the USMNT's ties to the Chicago Fire in his latest post at Pitch Invasion.
- Rio Ferdinand has a "No More Talk" interview.
- Is Freddy Adu done? To me, he's too young to be done.
- Michael Essien's dad gets a thumbs down while Javier Hernandez's dad gets a huge thumbs up.
- This piece on St Pauli FC was my favorite read of the day.
- I don't normally like AC Milan. But, I have to like them laying the wood to Montreal.
- Miami FC finally scored twice in a game. But, they gave up four goals in a 4-2 loss in Puerto Rico. And all six goals came after intermission.
- The latest Debate Team from MLS Soccer.com talks about style of play.
- The FC Tampa Bay jersey auction is up at eBay.com.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.