July 6, 2011
I think the headline says it all, so now onto the WWC links:
- ESPNW looks at the US young guns that might be called upon today with Heather O'Reilly & Abby Wambach nursing injuries.
- Jeff at Equalizer Soccer has a six pack of WWC questions.
- Jeff also has Tuesday's Stars & Subs.
- Beau Dure recaps New Zealand snatching a draw from the jaws of defeat.
- US Soccer's Youtube Channel has another edition of WNT Behind the Crest: Game to Game.
- The WWC needs video replay for stuff like this , right?
- Mia Hamm likes team USA's effort so far.
- Beau Dure looks at the crowd drawing power of Marta.
- Jeff at Equalizer Soccer likes the moves that Pia Sundhage has been making for the US.
- The Australian team had a photo op with Snoop Dogg.
- Jeff at Equalizer Soccer has his Stars & Subs from Saturday.
- Nike Soccer has the latest in the Pressure Makes US Youtube series.
- Christine Sinclair is disappointed with Canada crashing out of the World Cup.
News & Notes:
- The Rhinos lost their first home match in 2011 league play on Sunday to Orlando City who have the best record in the USL Pro League. Up next: FC Y comes to Sahlen's Stadium on Friday night.
- Check out this prank where German striker Lira Bajramaj was told she was being transferred to the WNY Flash.
- SBI.net has updates on the club futures of Jermaine Jones & Eric Lichaj.
- Pachuca tried to get RSL's Kyle Beckerman.
- The Shin Guardian has some ideas for Bob Bradley.
- The USMNT will face Costa Rica and Belgium in early September.
- Sporting KC won the Soony Saad lottery.
- If you haven't seen Darlington Nagbe's goal that made Sportscenter, here you go.
- MLS Talk looks at the legacy Piotr Nowak is building in Philly.
- The Shin Guardian looks at Herculez Gomez plying his trade outside of MLS.
- No Short Corners has the latest on Jozt Altidore's club situation.
- Montreal's Nevio Puncholito has been fined and suspended.
- I like the LA Galaxy's 3rd jerseys.
- Graham Fox has a post over at DuNord called The Tribe of Soccer.
- The MISL has a look at Keith Tozer who is an indoor soccer legend.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.