USMNT over Canada 2-0
I guess the US didn't have their confidence crushed in the 4-0 loss to Spain on Saturday.
It was far from a perfect game by the US. But, anytime you win 2-0 and the result was never really in doubt, you have to be happy.
Granted, if you look at the offensive outburts that others in this year's Gold Cup have had early on, the US might feel like they have a little more to prove on Saturday versus Panama as opposed to just worrying about securing the three points.
It will be interesting to see how much the US lineup changes on Saturday or if Bob Bradley rolls out the same starting eleven.
LIVESTRONG Sporting Park is about to blow minds
At 10pm tonight on ESPN2, MLS will get to unveil it's newest SSS in LIVESTRONG Sporting Park in Kansas City.
While the stadium porn is nice, it will be interesting to see how Sporting KC deals with moving from a home stadium with a small pitch due to being located in a minor league baseball stadium to reportedly the largest playing surface in MLS.
Kind of sounds familiar. Except that Rochester didn't get a $200 million state of the art stadium.
News & Notes:
- Good news Rhinos fans, Isaac Kissi is back practicing with the team after his heart issues earlier this year.
- Neal Kitson and Andrew Hoxie were named to the USL PRO Team of the Week.
- The Rhinos signing of Yohance Marshall that Bob Lilley unveiled during last week's edition of Kick This! is official.
- Devo has lots of good stuff in today's blog entry including a hint at a Rochester and MLS article that will be in Sunday's paper and a nice piece on Rhinos D Tyler Bellamy.
- Christine Sinclair has another piece up at ESPNW.
- The Ft Lauderdale Strikers might be looking for a new home stadium after this month.
- MLS Rumors has an interesting post on the race to MLS expansion team #20.
- adidas gives MLS some love.
- Certain CONCACAF officials may be getting investigated by FIFA.
- Here is an MLS video following Chivas USA head coach Robin Fraser.
- Pitch Invasion wonders when soccer will stand up against homophobia.
- Philadelphia may look to expand PPL Park.
- KCKRS interviews The Free Beer Movement.
- This story is just another example of FIFA being all sorts of messed up.
- Speaking of soccer in baseball stadiums......
- I have another US Soccer t-shirt on my wish list.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.