March 23, 2012
With the US getting a hat trick from Joe Corona in a 6-0 win over Cuba last night, Olympic Qualifying got off to a pretty good start for the US Men.
Although, US coach Caleb Porter is trying to keep the players' heads on their shoulders by focusing on areas the team could improve upon.
Soccer America handed out some nice player ratings, though.
Up next for the US is a Canadian squad that is coming off a scoreless draw with El Salvador.
Oh yeah, I love US Soccer's Behind the Badge video series.
- The Milwaukee Wave are your 2011-12 MISL Champions after defeating Baltimore last weekend.
- No Lancers won a major MISL award this year. Hopefully that will give the guys that come back some fuel for the 2012-13 season.
- The Rhinos fell to Pittsburgh in their pre-season opener last weekend. The big news to me was that Danny Earls was playing for the Rhinos. It will be interesting to see if his signing is one that the Rhinos were awaiting international clearance to announce.
- Are the Seattle Sounders Women becoming this year's magicJack with Megan Rapinoe signing on?
- Portland is one city I'd love to visit. This time lapse video of the Timbers home opener does not reduce that desire.
- The new home of the Houston Dynamo is looking pretty close to done.
- Here is a 1 on 1 interview with MLS's most famous owner, Drew Carey.
- Jurgen Klinsmann talks about reaching new areas to find talent in part 2 of his interview with Goal.com.
- Klinsmann also ruled out leaving the USMNT job for Tottenham.
- Carolina is trying to nudge their way into the MLS Expansion talk. If they get to MLS before Rochester.......
- Talk about perfect timing for a sideline interview with a head coach.....
- DC United has signed on to stay at RFK Stadium through next season.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.