April 9, 2008
Devo is reporting that Evan Milward, J.P. Reyes, Danny Earl, John Donohue, and former Real Salt Lake midfielder Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick are among the new players that are currently in Rhinos camp.
Fitzpatrick would certainly be a guy that would appear on paper to bring an upgrade in the midfield to the Rhinos.
Coach Darren Tilley gave a list of players that he wanted to add to the midfield for GM Matthew Ford to work on signing. One would have to guess that Fitzpatrick would have been on that list given his MLS (Real Salt Lake), USL (Cincinnati and Atlanta), and Trinidad and Tobago National Team experience.
UPDATE - 5:51pm
The Rhinos have not only signed TIger Fitzpatrick, but they've also signed USL veteran midfielders Ze Roberto and Luke Kreamalmeyer.
I like these signings as they not only address the team's needs in the midfield, but they are signing players who have experience in the USL 1st Division.
Now let's hope that Coach Tilley has enough time to mold this roster that looks good on paper into a team that can get results on the field!
News & Notes:
- Montreal has signed former Rhino midfielder Pato Aguilera. That means that there are four former Rhinos on the Impact roster.
- With all the talk of new concessionaires at PAETEC Park, this picture makes me think that Abby Wambach would vote for Sticky Lips BBQ.
- Thank goodness the new MLS team in Seattle came to their senses and used the Sounders name. While I don't like the FC tag at the end, the logo looks cool and it has history.
The other options they had, not so much.......
- SBI.net has the first batch of MLS Supporters reports from around the league up.
- DC United and Houston are trying to advance in the Champions Cup tonight, so tune in to Fox Soccer Channel to check out the action.
- Speaking of tonight, the USWNT tries to punch their ticket for the Olympics when they take on Costa Rica. Seriously, how is this game not on TV somewhere?
- If the Mets want an MLS expansion team, they need to show Don Garber a stadium! Or, at least show him a plan for a stadium.....
- Peter Amos was busy yesterday as the team talked about the Pro Pass Program and that try outs for the women's team begin tonight at 5pm.
- My guess is that Rhinos fans shouldn't be camping out at the airport hoping to see Roberto de Assis float into town.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.