October 30, 2010
The USWNT got off to a strong start to World Cup qualifying witha 5-0 win over Haiti on Thursday night.
Abby Wambach scored goals number 110, 111, and 112 in her USWNT career, along with assisting on a forth goal.
Next up for the US is a match against Guatemala at 9:30pm this evening.
The match wil be streamed live at CONCACAF.com.
News & Notes:
- Doug Miller and Bob Lilley will be entering the USL Hall of Fame on November 19th.
- Devo looks at the Groundhog's Day situation that the Rhinos are in this season as the USL vs NASL tug of war continues on.
- Aztex fans are upset after their team left town without a hint of problems beforehand.
- Abby Wambach & Hope Solo are up for the FIFA World Player of the Year award.
- It looks like Toronto FC has hired Jurgen Klinsmann as a consultant to help remake the club after they have let go of Mo Johnston & Preki.
- Grant Wahl takes a look at the impact that concussions have had on various soccer players, like Taylor Twellman.
- Jermaine Jones is injured again. This time it's an ankle injury.
- Maybe Eddie Gaven has a future as a goalkeeper......
- Pablo Mastroeni scored the lone goal in Colorado's win over Columbus to open the 2010 MLS playoffs on Thursday night.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.