If the Rochester City council decides against using the remaining $200,000 of the $4 million NY State grant to improve Marina Auto Stadium to build permanent locker rooms, they will have some explaining to do.
Building a permanent locker room facility within the stadium is the next step that needs to happen to reduce operating costs for the club and give the stadium an even more complete feel.
Getting the grant and finishing the suites and the press box were great. But, they need to get the players real locker rooms.
I'd prefer locker rooms to using the money that's left on say a pub on the suite level next to the press box.
And I'll go off a huge rant on Saturday morning if they take that $200,000 and use it for some other project....
News & Notes:
- The Portland Timbers have signed their first 4 MLS players in 2010 Timbers MF/F Ryan Pore, F Bright Dike, GK Steve Cronin, and F Eddie Johnson who played for the Austin Aztex.
- Is Don Garber taking the Timbers Army to task already?
- MLS has layed out the expansion draft rules for Portland & Vancouver.
- DC United will hand out some sweet posters to celebrate Jaime Moreno's final match for the club.
- If you like EA Sports FIFA 11 ads with Steve Nash & Landon Donovon, here are some outtakes.
- Fanhouse thinks US Soccer is being uncomfortably quiet about the World Cup bid scandal and Unprofessional Foul thinks the US won't get the 2022 World Cup. I really hope they are wrong, but I fear the worst, as well.
- Kate Markgraf has hung up her boots with 201 caps.
- Mexico is following the US's lead by naming a homegrown coach as their new national team coach in Jose De La Torre.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.