May 14, 2010
I apologize for the gap in posts. But yesterday I was at the United Way Day of Caring.
There has been a bunch of stuff the past few days, so here goes:
- I like that the Rhinos are using their weekend off to get players out to a variety of soccer tournaments that are being held over the weekend.
- As I type this, I'm listening to Devo's first edition of the Rhinoscast with Bob Lilley. Just look to the right.
- The Ravens are having their kick off dinner on May 26th.
- Abby Wambach broke her nose and may miss some time with the Freedom, along with the US-Germany game.
- Eugene Oregon could be getting a USL-2 team in the future.
- MLS Commish Don Garber answered fan questions on MLS Soccer.com.
- It looks like Toronto FC may ban streamers on corner kicks because of a few morons in the stands.
- Jamar Beasley may be close to signing with Kansas City.
- Vancouver may have 27,000 strong in the stands in 2011 as they move to MLS.
- WV Hooligan has the pros and cons of a 2nd team in the New York City market.
- And while the NY Mets owners have been linked with an MLS team in NYC, they may also be looking at bringing the NY Islanders of the NHL to a site near Citi Field.
- Bob Bradley talks about the World Cup 30 player prelim roster.
- Steve Davis calls leaving Charlie Davies off the USMNT World Cup roster the right move.
- Charlie Davies is ticked at his club team about how things went down.
- Landon Donovan is starting to chat up the US-England game which is now less than a month away.
- Landon was on Jimmy Kimmel and Jozy Altidore has a cool SportsCenter ad out now.
- Boston.com looks at how Steve Ralston is doing in St Louis.
- Portland will host Manchester City on July 17th. But due to a Portland Beavers homestand, there will only be 4700 tickets available for the match.
- Spike Lee was on Good Morning America talking about the US bid for the 2018 & 2022 World Cups.
- I have to nominate this MLS Insider post for the Captain Obvious take of the week.
- Rhinos defender Troy Roberts and Rhinos head coach are lined up for tomorrow's edition of Kick This! and we're still working to land Crystal Palace Baltimore and former Rhinos GK Chase Harrison.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.