April 9, 2011
Last week the USL PRO started the 2011 season and this week WPS and the NASL get their seasons under way.
Although, we have to wait a week for the Rhinos and Flash to kick off their 2011 seasons.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer.com has a week 1 wrap up.
- The USL inked a 3 year deal with Fox Soccer Channel. The Rhinos will appear on FSC three times in 2011, including the away match at Orlando City on July 16th.
- USL PRO Week in Review from Inside Minnesota Soccer.com.
- SBI.net's Week 2 preview for the USL PRO League.
- The Flash will take on the Greece Cobras U18 Boys at Sahlen's Stadium today at 4pm.
- You should check out the Flash's Youtube page. These are some cool looks at the players on and off the field.
- Soccer America breaks down the big off season moves in WPS.
- The USL's blog looks at Christine Sinclair of the Flash. She is scheduled to join us on today's Kick This! show.
- SBI.net has their week 1 preview.
- NSC Minnesota unveiled their new kits and jersey sponsor.
- I'm not sure if I like the NASL game ball by Joma or not.....
- Here is some training video of the Atlanta Silverbacks.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer.com looks at the ways the NASL wants to get more in line with the international game.
- The NASL has also signed up 343RLP+ to help with league and team branding. So far, they ware way better than what MLS put together in their first season.
- FC Dallas defeated Colorado 3-0 last night. Scott Palguta was in the 18, but did not get into the match for the Rapids.
- Real Salt Lake has advanced to the CONCACAF Champions League final versus Monterrey.
- Steven Goff has a few minutes with DC United's Perry Kitchen.
- WVHooligan looks at MLS and expansion to Detroit.
- The Jimmy Conrad Show has moved to LA.
- The Portland Timbers have their own iPhone game app.
- DC & KC advanced in USOC qualifying.
- Empire Field is working out well as a temporary home for the Whitecaps.
- MLS has a referee problem already this season.
- Apparently Don Garber made some interesting comments in Montreal.
- Are the Red Bulls faking their attendance issues?
- Here is an interview with a Livestrong exec about their partnership with Sporting KC.
- Steve Davis wonders if it is time to put Thierry Henry on the list of DP flops yet.
- Du Nord looks at the whole list of MLS DPs to start the 2011 season.
- The Vancouver Whitecaps Development Academy will be a part of the US Soccer Development Academy.
- Jozy Altidore scored a nice goal for his club team in Turkey.
- LeBron James now owns a minority stake in Liverpool FC.
- Andy Najar has decided not to play internationally for the US.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.