April 13, 2012
The Rhinos have yet to make it official, but Lancers D and Rochester native Kyle Manscuk is on the Rhinos roster in the team's 2012 media guide. The two other Lancers, Gary Boughton and Jeremy Ortiz, that were in camp with the Rhinos are not on the roster.
The LA Blues hired a new Vice President of Business Development in former Rhinos owner Steve Donner ahead of their second USL PRO League season.
Other USL PRO League notes:
- Soccer America has the USL PRO League schedule and standings heading into the weekend.
- SBI.net with a recap of Week 1 in the USL PRO League.
- Rochester Lancers GK Patrick Hannigan was in goal for the San Antonio Scorpions in Atlanta last weekend.
- SBI.net with a look back on the rest of Week 1 in the NASL.
- Soccer America has the NASL action coming up this weekend.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer sat down with NASL Commish David Downs.
- NSC Minnesota has some sweet numbers with photos of their fans this season.
Clint Dempsey Notes:
- In case you missed it, Clint Dempsey had a brace for Fulham last Saturday and then he had the tying goal for Fulham against Chelsea on Monday.
Other News & Notes:
- SBI.net has a piece on how Alex Morgan is focusing on preparing for the Olympics.
- Here is some video of Marta being Marta in Sweden.
- Lionel Messi has now scored 60 goals for Barcelona this season. Sick.
- Maradona had Messi's back with a great line after Pele insisted that Neymar is the better player right now.
- The Montreal Impact had the largest home crowd in week 5 of MLS play.
- Chelsea will be the opponent for the MLS All-Stars this season.
- Jeff Kassouf with a book report on Beyond Bend It Like Beckham.
- Check out this video on Thierry Henry called "Pure Heart".
- Former USMNT MF John O'Brien talks about the skill that is needed to play the 4-3-3 well.
- Sporting KC F Kei Kamara talks about his trip from Sierra Leone to MLS.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.