August 5, 2009
With a 2-2-4 home record so far this season, the Rhinos hope to grab three points this evening when they host the Carolina RailHawks.
Carolina has been playing tight games on the road as they have 9 goals for and only 7 goals allowed in 9 road games this season. The RailHawks have a 4-3-2 record in those 9 games.
The Rhinos have 10 goals for and 7 goals allowed in their eight home games.
So, I guess a 1-1 draw would be a good prediction for tonight!
Puerto Rico bounces Toronto from CCL play
With a 1-0 lead after the first leg in Toronto, Puerto Rico played Toronto FC to a scoreless draw last evening at home and will advance to group play in the CONCACAF Champions League.
This is the second straight year that the USL 1st Division side has advanced to group play.
I wonder how the US Open Cup results might differ if the tournament entailed home and home series throughout?
News & Notes:
- DC United advanced in CCL play on PKs last evening.
- What is it about teams using ineligible players versus Montreal? Last year it was the Rhinos and this year it is Austin who gets docked 2 points in the standings.
- Reuters sat down with MLS commish Don Garber.
- MLS Talk liked Kenny Cooper Sr.'s comments after Kenny's move to Germany.
- Beckham's free kick goal versus Barca was pretty sick.
- The first segment of the Red Bull Arena roof is complete.
- Fulham named a pub after Brian McBride. Now is that an honor or what?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.