September 23, 2010
- With Miami FC downing AC St Louis last night, Minnesota, Montreal, and Puerto Rico all clinched playoff spots.
- Who the Rhinos face in the playoffs will depend not only whether they finish with the 1st seed or the 3rd, but how the 6th, 7th, and 8th place teams shake out. Minnesota finishes their regular season tomorrow night in Tampa Bay, Puerto Rico plays in Carolina this Saturday and in Miami next Saturday, and Montreal plays in Vancouver tomorrow and hosts Austin a week from Sunday. It will be insteresting to see how this all shakes out.
- Ali Gerba being red hot (9 goals in 11 league games played) is one reason I don't want the Rhinos drawing Montreal in the first round.
- Devo wonders if AC St Louis having nothing to play for in their final two matches versus Austin and Rochester will mean much.
- I wonder where trench coats fall on that scale?
- If Jeff thinks the USSF D-2 season lasts too long, how about MLS which is holding MLS Cup on Sunday November 21st.
- Speaking of which, MLS may follow Russia's lead in changing the schedule around.
- Benny Feilhaber converted two PKs on the way to a hat trick for his club team.
- Liverpool supporters are looking to the US media for help in ridding themselves of their American owners.
- Grant Wahl has a longer piece on how close Jurgen Klinsmann was to replacing Bob Bradley.
- Eric Wynalda has an entertaining take on Thierry Henry avoiding a suspension for injuring Kevin Hartman.
- This may be the own goal of the decade.
- I love the latest Go USA Bid video featuring a voiceover by Morgan Freeman.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.