April 8, 2010
Rhinos Soccer.com - Rhinos Launch "Fifteen Days of Fun"
D&C.com - Live Chat archive with Devo & Bob Lilley
The Rhinos are getting their final preparations together before heading to Miami for Saturday night's season opener versus Miami FC.
It looks like a bruised bone in Isaac Kissi's knee will keep him out of this week's game. But, Bob Lilley said today that he hopes that he'll be able to contribute when the team plays in Portland a week from Saturday.
But, Jonathan Greenfield has reported to the Rhinos this week after his indoor season concluded and he has looked good.
The good news for local fans is that the game will be streamed live (as will all USSF 2nd Division games in 2010) at Miami FC.com.
News & Notes:
- NASL.com has gotten a facelift. It is much better than the initial version of the site that was launched. And at first blush, it's less buggy than the new MLS Soccer.com!
- Montreal has a pink jersey for the Nutrilite Canadian Championship. Too many jokes........
- Kupono Low will be out for a while in Carolina with a bad knee injury.
- Houston is one step closer to getting a new stadium and New England is happy where they are. I'm happy for the Dynamo and scratching my head at the Revs.
- Joseph Ngwenya is on trial in Houston. With Brian Ching on the shelf for 4 to 6 weeks, they could use the help up top.
- I hope young is the new old with MLS clubs getting more DP slots to use.
- Lionel Messi is sick. He scored four times against Arsenal and it could have been 6 or more, easily.
- Episode 1 of Inside the MLS SuperDraft is up.
- I wonder if the Charleston Battery have issues like this with the Three Lions on site?
- One Goal has Part Oneof their Road to South Africa documentary up.
- At least one team is trying to defuse potential supporter clashes at their stadium.
- Claudio Reyna is the new US Soccer Youth Technical Director. It will be interesting to see how all of Claudio's research works out and if it gets implemented well.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.