The Rhinos are getting their final preparations together before heading to Miami for Saturday night's season opener versus Miami FC.
It looks like a bruised bone in Isaac Kissi's knee will keep him out of this week's game. But, Bob Lilley said today that he hopes that he'll be able to contribute when the team plays in Portland a week from Saturday.
But, Jonathan Greenfield has reported to the Rhinos this week after his indoor season concluded and he has looked good.
News & Notes:
- NASL.com has gotten a facelift. It is much better than the initial version of the site that was launched. And at first blush, it's less buggy than the new MLS Soccer.com!
- Montreal has a pink jersey for the Nutrilite Canadian Championship. Too many jokes........
- Kupono Low will be out for a while in Carolina with a bad knee injury.
- Joseph Ngwenya is on trial in Houston. With Brian Ching on the shelf for 4 to 6 weeks, they could use the help up top.
- I hope young is the new old with MLS clubs getting more DP slots to use.
- Episode 1 of Inside the MLS SuperDraft is up.
- I wonder if the Charleston Battery have issues like this with the Three Lions on site?
- One Goal has Part Oneof their Road to South Africa documentary up.
- At least one team is trying to defuse potential supporter clashes at their stadium.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.