November 2, 2012
Tomorrow night, the Rochester Lancers open their second season in Syracuse against the Silver Knights and there is a lot of news out there this week.
Devo has updates on player signings including Rey "Boom Boom" Martinez is back, Rhinos D/MF Danny Earls is expected to be signed [UPDATE: it's official], six newcomers to the Lancers have been signed and Kristian Nicht looks headed to the Silver Knights.
Other MISL News:
- All MISL matches will be streamed live on MISLNation.com in 2012-13.
- Baltimore signed a handful of newcomers, including a pair of goalkeepers as they try and replace Sagu.
- Indoor Soccer News has a peek at a Syracuse training session.
- Syracuse opens their season tonight when they host Chicago.
The USWNT has a new head coach
- Former Australian WNT coach Tom Sermanni is the new USWNT coach.
- Grant Wahl had a one on one phone interview with new USWNT head coach Tom Sermanni.
- Jeff Kassouf at Equalizer Soccer believes that player management will be Sermanni's greatest challenge.
- Soccer America talks about how Sermanni is ready to mix things up.
- Ray Curren at All White Kit wonders where this hire takes the USWNT next.
- Goal.com talks about how Sermanni wants the team to play an even better brand of soccer.
- ProSoccerTalk has some more on Sermanni's background.
Other News & Notes:
- Check out the trailer of the documentary about Bob Bradley and the Egytian MNT.
- The Tampa Bay Rowdies came back to win the 2012 NASL title.
- NBC Universal has locked down the broadcast rights to the EPL starting in 2013-14.
- The next NASL expansion team will be located in Loudon County Virginia.
- The LA Galaxy came back last night to advance past the Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS playoffs.
- Will Bruin's brace helped Houston knock Chicago out of the MLS playoffs the night before.
- With Landon Donovan talking about a potential retirement, should he still be in the mix to be captain of the USMNT?
- Although, Landon says he still loves playing soccer....
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.