April 6, 2012
The Rhinos have brought back MF Danny Earls. Earls has been in town for a while and it's great to see him back with the Rhinos. I can't wait to see what Earls and JC Banks can do on the wings for Rochester this season.
In other Rhinos news, they have a new strength and conditioning coach. It should be interesting to see how a guy with an NFL background does in the general physical preperation of a soccer team.
The Rhinos played the Montreal Impact U-21s to a 1-1 draw in pre-season action.
Devo has an article looking at new head coach Jesse Myers.
- Lubo took part in a US Futsal National Team camp this week.
More Olympic Qualifying Talk:
- Juan Agudelo thinks maybe the US U-23s were overconfident.
- Soccer America looks at the problem areas that were exposed by the Olympic stumble.
- MLS Talk looks at how the failure to qualify for the Olympics may hold back young players.
- Kofie Sarkodie defends Caleb Porter who was his coach in college.
- MLS Talk thinks that people overreacted to the team not qualifying.
- Jurgen Klinsmann reflects on the Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
- Klinsmann also sees Caleb Porter having a bright future despite the loss.
- Here is the Studio 90 interview with Klinsmann on the topic.
News & Notes:
- Abby Wambach is huge in Japan. Who knew?
- Here is a cool break down of a Thierry Henry goal vs Colorado.
- Herculez Gomez is balling south of the border.
- Beau Dure is back with another installment of Single-Digit Soccer.
- Red Bull Street Style is pretty sick.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.