Everyone is wondering where we go from here with the City taking over PAETEC Park and NBT Bank likely looking at their options to get as much money as possible.
Then you have Sam's 911 Group and what they are looking at doing after yesterday's news conference.
There are some people wondering if the Adirondack Bank might be playing a part in all this now, as well.
The toughest part is that the clock is ticking and there is no way to really know how close this thing is to resolving itself and we are now 58 days away from opening day.
News & Notes
- US Soccer.com has a Q&A with U-23 defender Marvell Wynne. I love his take on the differences between living in the States and living in Canada.
- DC United has had a boatload of roster turnover and they are trying to get everyone on the same page. It wouldn't be a major deal for the MLS season, but they do have Champions' Cup matches soon.
- Houston is still looking to fill out their roster, especially up top. I wonder if they are going to look at a DP to solve the issue of Brian Ching needing a strike partner?
- Houston added forward Kyle Brown from Real Salt Lake in yesterday's waiver draft.
- Crew technical director Brian Bliss comments on some recent roster moves and what might lie ahead for Columbus.
- I guess you could do a Tale of Two Cities between Houston and Rochester. And I don't think I need to point out who's having the best of times and who's having the worst of times.
- Goal.com has the first part of a two part interview with Bruce Arena. If the revamped Rhinos create the role of Technical Director, I vote for Tommy Tanner.
- Julie Foudy has a new job. I wonder if Mia Hamm will have a similiar role with the LA franchise? And if so, I wonder what the trash talking would be like between those two?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.