April 11, 2008
The Rhinos are having a press conference this afternoon (at 2:30 or 2:45, depending on the source of the information) at Famous Dave's BBQ.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that it is to announce that Famous Dave's will be a concessionaire at PAETEC Park.
Hopefully the club can get a few more restaurants to sign up and there is a nice mix of options for fans this season.
In other news, Ryan Whirty talked to Rob Clark and apparently Rob wasn't sure who owns PAETEC Park. I find it interesting that the owner of the Rhinos wasn't sure who owns the stadium that his team plays in, Especially given everything that has gone down lately.
But, I don't think it's that big of a deal as I care less about who is going to pay NBT Bank and more about how the team looks on the field of play.
And that part looks to be shaping up quite nicely, thank you very much.
News & Notes:
- MLSNet.com & the LA Galaxy's blog both have pieces up about the three Cuban refugees that are training with the club.
- Wisla Krakow and Jagiellonia Bialystok will be playing the Chicago Fire this summer.
- The Chicago Storm needed OT to defeat Monterrey in their MISL playoff opener. If Chicago wins, that will push out John Ball's arrival in Rochester. Meanwhile, Baltimore destroyed NJ in their opening playoff game.
- The Beckham insanity continues. The AP is reporting when he gets a minor traffic ticket!
- Scott Palguta and Jason Perry are scheduled to appear on tomorrow's edition of Kick This! Plus, hopefully Devo will have some juicy stuff to talk about as well given the tease in today's blog posting.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.