I'm worn out and I have a busy weekend ahead.
If you have been following the Kick This! Twitter feed , you know that we have Matthew Delicate and U.S. Soccer Director of Referee Development Paul Tamberino lined up for the show's second hour, I'm working on getting Ross Smith on in the second hour, and we hope to have Darren Kenton, Brent Sancho, and Scott Vallow on in hour #1.
It's always fun when you get a no can do email Friday afternoon.....
News & Notes:
- Bob Bradley has unveiled his roster for next week's WCQ in Mexico City.
- Grant Wahl worries that the US team is heading south of the border too close to match time.
- Even though ESPN doesn't have the broadcast rights, they are still planning on covering the match like no other.
- Speaking of ESPN and coverage of the USMNT, Wayne Drehs has some really cool stuff up on ESPN.com from all summer long.
- Carlos Bocanegra did an online chat at ESPN.com yesterday.
- Here is some cool behind the scenes video of the MLS All-Star game.
- Miami FC will get a bit of a taste of US U-20 center back Gale Agbossoumonde.
- With the Argentine league having serious financial issues, perhaps the Rhinos could grab a CAM and a Forward for the stretch run?
- Hull City's manager is talking up the Jozy loan. I just hope he gets a lot more playing time this season than he did last year.
- The Red Bulls will always let you down. That should be their new marketing slogan as they open up Red Bull Arena.
- Even Beckham is calling it a circus. While he fancies himself as the ringleader, I think he's more of a clown.
- And don't forget, tomorrow night is Rex's birthday!
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.