The Rhinos W-League franchise has been sold by Adirondack Sports Club which is owned by Rob Clark and purchased by NY Futbol Club owned by the team's head coach, Peter Amos.
I have heard that the deal includes a lease agreement for PAETEC Park and that the team could use the Rhinos name moving forward.
It will be interesting to see what changes happen with the change in ownership.
News & Notes:
- The MLS playoff picture wasn't complete until the final game of the regular season. In the East it will be KC versus Columbus and NE versus Chicago and out West it will be Houston versus NY (That is not a typo. Since the Red Bulls had more one more point than Colorado, they get the 4th seed out West) and Chivas USA versus Real Salt Lake.
- Greg Lalas' column at Goal.com has been re-named "The Target Man". Friday's column looked at MLS vs the EPL. Personally, I don't really care about the MLS haters enough to worry about the question. On the flip side, do basketball fans in Europe care if their club could hang in the NBA?
- Since there were some rumors that their bid wasn't doing well, the MLS in Philly 2010 crew have an update on their website. I wonder if that make Tim Holt and the rest of the USL brass feel any better?
- The man trying to get MLS to Portland has a father who's been in the news a lot lately......
- Andrea Canales has a piece on Goal.com about where some future USMNT players will come from. This topic is getting new life because of the news that Germany will not pursue Neven Subotic who has played for US Youth teams in the past.
- The Fredrik Ljungberg to Seattle Sounders FC talk is gaining speed after a Swedish TV network reported that the Swedish international was headed stateside for an introductory press conference that is supposed to take place tomorrow. Personally, I think this has a high probability of blowing up.
- I never realized that Sam's Army had competition in the US National Team Supporters market.
- Aly Wagner will be repping WPS on Fox Football Fone-In tonight on FSC.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.