Today's soccer speed round will start with the answer to a very popular question recently: Where's Hamed Diallo?
The answer I've been given is that he is expected back in Rochester tomorrow. So, he should be in the lineup on Saturday versus Seattle.
Well, if he can survive a week of practice...........
- An AP report on SI.com is saying that David Beckham's lingering ankle injury, his Galaxy debut slated for Saturday evening versus Chelsea is in doubt.
I wonder what the execs over at ESPN think of that?
- Could Beckham's choice of longsleeved jerseys be an issue with MLS playing through the summer? Toronto's Danny Dichio and Colorado's Terry Cook think that it may. Of course, adidas will say that their Climacool jerseys will make everything fine!
- Speaking of adidas and Beckham, they've added Beckham to the "Impossible is Nothing" website.
- Fox Sports.com's Mark Kriegel says that Beckham isn't here to 'save' soccer. Recently I wondered who thought that he was. Well, apparently SI's NFL guru Peter King does and he doesn't feel that Beckham is up to the task.
I guess my question would be what is Peter's definition of saving?
- Ives Galarcep did another Q&A on his blog and it's loaded with some good stuff. Whether it's MLS stuff, US U-20s headed to Europe, the US Open Cup, or a ton of other topics, it's in there.
- Add Danny Szetela to the list of Americans linked to a potential move to Celtic. There is reportedly a laundry list of clubs that have inquired about the US U-20 and Columbus Crew midfielder after his performance in the U-20 World Cup. It makes me wonder why he didn't play more for the Crew...........
- Colorado has sent Kyle Beckerman to Real Salt Lake for Mehdi Ballouchy. I know the Rapids have Pablo Mastroeni to play the d-mid role, but I still think that RSL got a steal of a deal here. I really like Beckerman's upside and it will be interesting to see if this move makes Freddy Adu any happier as he'll likely get moved to the central attacking midfield spot that he covets.
- RSL head coach Jason Kreis penned an open letter to the RSL faithful. That's nice, but when is RSL ever going to put a winner on the field?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.