Jeff has a really good piece on Pat Ercoli's transition into the radio booth today.
I was excited about the news that Pat would join Joe in the broadcast booth and the duo has done very well this season. But that was to be expected given how well they both know the game.
News & Notes:
- Apparently Landon Donovan has tested positive for the H1N1 (aka Swine) flu virus per Grant Wahl at SI.com.
I love all the Landon haters saying that this is a bogus spin job because Landon didn't play well on Wednesday afternoon.
Personally, it helps explain why he lost the foot race on the game winning goal.
- Is it me, or is that not a picture of Julian Baudet?
- DC's We Win Trophies tour is in full swing. I wonder how many people they will get to come out to the Open Cup final versus Seattle?
- Brian Straus has a great piece on how tough Azteca was on the media.
- NY is going from worse to worst. I still can't believe that Osorio and/or Agoos haven't been replaced yet.
- Beckham believes that he will return to AC Milan this winter.
- MLS Talk has a piece up about how it has been a great summer for Soccer United Marketing.
- If you like outtakes, check out the RevsTV blooper reel.
- Rex is headed to Portugal?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.