It's a slow news day.
But, I hope that things heat up as the Rhinos have another combine starting tomorrow. I'm also hoping that the Rhinos can get Isaac Kissi signed this week after Bob Lilley said that he plays like Mac Kandji on Saturday's edition of Kick This!
News & Notes:
- Ives Galarcep made his Fox Soccer.com debut late last week.
- I love how the USL haters talked about propping up teams and this is happening in the EPL.
- Dick's Sporting Goods Park looks to be getting terraces in 2010.
- A local TV station has a story on the Houston Dynamo stadium situation.
- Luis Bueno has a good article on Hercules Gomez playing in Mexico at SI.com.
- Freddy Adu and Jose Francisco Torres both scored game winning goals for their clubs over the weekend. Freddy's goal has US Soccer Daily making the case for Freddy to make the USMNT's World Cup roster.
- WV Hooligan grades every Designated Player MLS has had. I think Freddie Ljungberg gets overrated, especially in comparison to a player like Luciano Emilio who isn't as splashy a name, but was more productive.
- Martin Rennie has another former Cleveland City Star in the fold with the RailHawks after signing Floyd Franks.
- Brandi Chastain is ticked off about being cut by FC Gold PRide on Friday.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.