July 20, 2010
All I know is that I'm going to a USL press conference tomorrow.
It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out.
With the I-League keep costs down by having teams up and down the I-90 like the AHL does? For instance, will markets like Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, and Glens Falls be a part of the league?
An "Empire Division" would certainly keep travel costs to a minimum.
But, there will be plenty of time to debate things since the league isn't playing a game for about 16 months.
News & Notes:
- It looks like Steve Ralston is going to retire as a player this week to become an assistant coach with the Houston Dynamo.
- I can't wait for the "Free Landon Donovan" t-shirts.
- I feel bad for Thierry Henry after watching this interview.
- Are the NY Yankees owners going after Tottenham?
- Ali Gerba is replacing Roberto Brown in Montreal.
- When are teams going to stop zonal marking on corner kicks versus the USWNT and Abby Wambach?
- I'm guessing that the Rhinos players are thankful that they have a short practice week after the loss to Carolina.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.