March 11, 2010
Scott Schweitzer is #7 on the list of the top 25 USL-1 players of the decade.
It would have been classic if he were #4 and Demmin ended up at #3.
Other Rhinos tidbits:
- Here is the place to get more info if you want to be an intern with the Rhinos in 2010.
- The Rhinos are moving back to the AM dial this season with ESPN Radio 950 AM being the radio home of the Rhinos this season. Hopefully the reception I get for the post game show on my way home is better this year!
- This is great thing that the Rhinos are doing.
- Devo has his take on why the rebuilding of the Rhinos makes sense (or cents).
News & Notes:
- One more reason for me to hate the NY Red Bulls: They just signed Greg Sutton.
- This is a very interesting take on putting an MLS team in Greenwich Village.
- Tim Holt of the USL did a Q&A at Inside Minnesota Soccer.com.
- And people complain about poor attendance at US Open Cup matches. Why do Cup competitions tend to draw poorly here in the US?
- And finally, why do I think that the MLS owners aren't worried that they players may strike ? Maybe it's because I doubt that the players have a huge strike fund to survive missing pay checks.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.