Rhinos Luke Kremalmayer and Mauricio Salles have earned a spot on the USL 1st Division Team of the Week after combining to produce the game tying goal in Carolina last Saturday night.
Martin Nunez, who scored the RailHawks goal, was also named to the Team of the Week.
News & Notes:
- Bob Bradley has released his initial 24 man roster for Wednesday's friendly versus Spain. It's pretty much the same team that played England this past Wednesday.
- Is it me, or is Jamie Trecker going overboard about a poor result on the road in a FRIENDLY. England exploited the known holes in the US lineup. Especially a lineup that was missing Landon Donovan.
The bigger question is what can US Soccer do to fill the holes that the USMNT has? Is praying that players like Altidore, Johnson, Feilhaber, Adu, and others develop into those roles the best that they can do right now?
- The US and England may be starting up a much more meaningful battle than took place this week.
- If Newcastle United lands Altidore and Michael Bradley this off season, they may become my favorite EPL club for the 2008-09 season.
- Valencia striker Fernando Morientes repoertedly turned down an advance by an unnamed MLS club. At 32 years of age,he would appear to be a player that has a reasonable amount of tread left on his tires. It willbe interesting to see if he changes his mind in the near future.
- Adam Spangler of This Is American Soccer.com is the latest guest blogger over at Du Nord. Adam is the best Du Nord impersonator so far!
- Speaking of TIAS.com, the latest Diary Project post is from a USMNT fan in Atlanta taking in the US-England game.
- Luis Arroyave's latest blog posting made me laugh.
- Just when things seemed to be looking up for DC United's stadium plan, the team upped their request for funding and "No Public Funding for the Stadium" column was written in the Post. Wonderful.....
- DC United almost had a pretty stunning win in New England last night, but still got a point. And the Rhinos 7000+ at the home opener doesn't look too bad when a NE-DC game only gets an "announced crowd" of around 8000.
- A DC supporter comparing DC coach Tom Soehn to Jim Jones..... Ouch!
- The Charleston Battery have promoted Andrew Bell (President), Mike Anhaeuser (GM & Head Coach), and Betsy McAdams (COO).
- You can tune in to Fox Soccer Channel this evening and check out Montreal's new stadium. You can also scout the Portland Timbers who will be visiting PAETEC Park on Sunday evening.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.