Without knowing what kind of lineup that Puerto Rico will run out there to who will and won't be available for the Rhinos, it's hard to call what will happen in tonight's 1st leg of the quarterfinal series between Rochester and Puerto Rico.
Given how things have gone at home for the Rhinos this season and the fact that the first two times these teams met the match ended in a scoreless draw, a betting man would call for another scoreless draw at Marina Auto Stadium tonight.
But it always seems that when you expect something like that, a bunch of times you get a much better game than expected and there are at least a couple of goals scored.
While I'm expecting a scoreless draw, it wouldn't surprise me if either team had a defensive lapse or two.
Let's just hope that the Rhinos have a lead heading into the second leg on Sunday.
News & Notes:
- The Kartik Report is picking the Rhinos over the Islanders.
- The USL 1st Division Statistical Honors are out and two former Rhinos are on the list.
- Apparently the US-Honduras game could be moved to a neutral site. I'm still voting for BMO Field in Toronto.
- Speaking of Honduras, apparently Marathon had a fun time getting out of Honduras for tonight's CCL game at DC United.
- The home openers for the 2010 MLS season are out.
- Maybe I need to polish up my resume?
- If I have to guess which MLS club will be re-branded , I'd have to go with the Kansas City Wizards.
- Freddy Adu did make his Beleneses debut yesterday. Hopefully he gets even more playing time.
- Apparently Cadiz, of Spain's 2nd division, tried to grab Adu.
- Kenny Cooper scored yesterday and Eddie Johnson played a full 90 for Cardiff City. Gooch didn;t get on the field for AC Milan, though......
- The first fans got to pick out their season ticket locations at Red Bull Arena recently.
- MLS Talk ponders what may become of the US Open Cup.
- Hopefully this ref won't be doing either of the Rhinos-Islanders matches.
- This is a really cool video about Fulham Football Club.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.