Will anyone argue that last night's 2-1 win in Portland was the biggest win of the Rhinos season?
I'll put it ahead of the US Open Cup PK shootout win over Columbus since it was on the road and Columbus came to Rochester with their B-Squad.
It will be interesting to see if Errol McFarlane's brace will spark his confidence down the stretch run.
The Rhinos magic number is now down to 3. Any combination of points earned by the Rhinos and points missed out on by Miami FC that add up to 3 will clinch a playoff spot for Rochester. So, hopefully Austin gets a win in Miami tomorrow night!
News & Notes:
- The archive of the live blog with Rhinos owner Rob Clark and Jeff is up on the D&C's website. As a follow up, we are scheduled to have Rob and Montreal owner Joey Saputo on during the second hour of tomorrow's edition of Kick This!. This should get very interesting.
- MLS Talk has some more thoughts on the USL/NuRock/TOA situation.
- Yanks Abroad has their preview of US-El Salvador up.
- Jozy Altidore was on ESPN's First Take yesterday talking about the match.
- MLSNet.com talks about the USMNT records that Landon Donovan is approaching.
- US Soccer.com has their game notes up.
- Grant Wahl has his break down of the US squad ahead of tomorrow's match.
- Landon says the key will be taking the game to El Salvador.
- Wayne Rooney feels like he has to defend himself after drawing a PK versus Arsenal. I thnk the ref has more explaining to do about that call than Rooney does.
- TIAS.com's latest piece is pretty sweet. I need Noe to write a book about soccer for my kids. His illustrations are amazing.
- The poor economy has claimed another victim in the US Soccer Hall of Fame.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.