April 20, 2012
Tyler Rosenlund gets the goal, Kristian Nicht and the Rhinos defense gets the clean sheet, and Jesse Myers gets the win his his debut as the Rhinos head coach.
A lot of things went well in Week 1 for the Rhinos.
Rosenlund, Nicht, and Tam McManus were also named to the USL PRO Team of the Week.
Last week recaps:
- SBI.net's USL PRO Week 2 recap.
- SBI.net's NASL Week 2 recap.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer.com looks at the mid-week NASL action.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer.com looks at the first home match for the NASL's San Antonio Scorpions.
- Soccer America with the MLS Scoreboard for last weekend.
News & Notes:
- Yanks Abroad checks in with former Rhinos GK Neal Kitson.
- Ashley Grove of the Rochester Ravens is training with Paul Riley this week and will participate in a charity tournament called Headers for Hope.
- Here is a compilation of all 22 of Clint Dempsey's goals for Fulham so far this season.
- I like that the USMNT & USWNT will be wearing the same kits. I don't like the hoops plus ghost sash look that Nike came up with.
- The Chicago Fire have broght back Chris Rolfe.
- Leander Schaerlaeckens at Goal.com talks about the potential perils should Clint Dempsey move from Fulham to a big time club.
- Bob Bradley has led Egypt to an 8 game unbeaten streak.
- Lindsay Tarpley's rehab of a knee injury will be lengthened a bit since she is now expecting a boy this summer.
- FC Dallas has made Brek Shea a DP. It will be interesting to see if Shea develops into the next Landon Donovan as a guy that MLS won't sell. Although, Brek says he would welcome the chance to play in La Liga.
- Stuart Holden gave a lengthy interview to the BBC.
- USL Soccer.com has an All Access article looking at Orlando City.
- Rafa Marquez will miss the next three Red Bulls matches after breaking the clavicle of Shea Salinas.
- Christie Rampone believes that the return of WPS is crucial for the future of the USWNT.
- Megan Rapinoe blogs for ESPNW about the USWNT's recent trip to Japan.
- MLS commissioner Don Garber has offered up his league as the guinea pig for goal-line technology.
- Jeff Kassouf talks about how Hope Solo was featured in the LA Times and has a memoir that is coming soon to Amazon.com.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.