The Rhinos have called a press conference for Monday afternoon to unveil the next head coach of the club.
The big name being rumored as the choice is former Vancouver, Montreal, and Hershey head coach Bob Lilley.
It will be interesting to see if that is the case or not.
Personally, I would have some high expectations for a Pat Ercoli-Bob Lilley duo in charge of the soccer operations of a USL franchise.
News & Notes:
- I'm guessing that despite being available, Preki won't be named Rhinos head coach on Monday.
- I wonder if Rob Clark will be headed to the 2009 MLS Supporters Summit?
- Devo clarifies his take on the TOA. I think the biggest difference I would have with Jeff's take is the odds that a St. Louis franchise would do well. Given that a TOA team will share a lot of the staff and a stadium with St. Louis's WPS team and I think they would do well.
- The Kartik Report has it's take on the TOA situation including a little love for Devo.
- Charleston has sold Chris Williams to the Vancouver Whitecaps.
- The San Jose Earthquakes might be jumping into the DP pool this off season.
- Will Wayne Rooney stay with Manchester United for life?
- Shawn Mitchell has another report on a potential MLS players strike.
- Steve Davis breaks down his MLS All-Rookie team. This year was a pretty good one for young players in MLS.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.