The Rhinos added a couple more young guys to the roster after GM Pat Ercoli and head coach Bob Lilley talked about potentially adding a veteran or two over the weekend.
The team announced today that they have signed 22 yo TJ Gore who played his college soccer at the University of Vermont. At 6' 180 lbs, Gore appears to add some size to the Rhinos lineup.
Ferdinand appears to be more of a speed player. So, he should fit right in with this year's Rhinos squad.
News & Notes:
- Devo has the name of another Rochester PD vet that could use a hand from the Rhinos and you.
- Check out what John Ball has been up to indoors.
- OregonLive's Kip Kesgard put his breakdown of the Rhinos-Timbers match up yesterday afternoon.
- MLS Soccer.com takes a look at the Timbers-Rhinos match a year out from Portland making it's MLS debut.
- Pitch Invasion has a nice picture of the Timbers Army up.
- This old school scoreboard & clock at the National Sports Center is cool.
- Joey Saputo has been talking like the Montreal to MLS announcement will come this week.
- The USL's Chris Economides thinks that recent MLS to USL-2 loans might be a sign of the future.
- The US Supporters video series One Goal's Part Two is up.
- Here is a video of some underdogs to make the US team in South Africa.
- This one made me laugh. Yeah, that would work.....
- Looks like Ali Gerba is making a good impression on potential new employers.....
- Kyle Rote Jr. is the veteran addition to this year's class of inductees to the National Soccer Hall of Fame.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.