April 30, 2011
The Rhinos won't be headed to Harrisburg this weekend as City Island, where the City Islanders home stadium is located, has been shut down for the weekend due to flooding and power outages.
The match is now scheduled to take place on Tuesday May 10th.
That means the Rhinos will enter next weekends home opener with a losing record at 1-2-0.
Flash make Rochester debut tomorrow afternoon
With Caroline Seger's green card coming in the mail this week, that means that Aaran Lines can have one more player that counted as a foreigner last week in the Flash line up when they make their Rochester debut at Sahlen's Stadium tomorrow at 4pm in the second leg of a home and home with the Atlanta Beat.
The Flash didn't look as good in week 2 versus Atlanta when compared to the opening weekend against the Boston Breakers. But, with Marta getting another week of training with the core of the Flash, it will be interesting to see if she is in the starting 11 tomorrow and what magic she can put on display for the home fans.
It will also be interesting to see if Christine Sinclair can score in her third straight match for the Flash after netting a goal in each of the first two Flash matches of the season.
And on the back end, can Ashlyn Harris and the Flash defense get their first clean sheet? It took two pieces of individual brilliance from Laurie Chalupny and Carli Lloyd for Atlanta last week to get the draw. Can the Flash shut them down for a full 90 minutes and not have a few lapses here and there? We shall see.
News & Notes:
- Ali Riley was asking questions of her teammates in her latest ESPNW video blog entry.
- Here is the Christine Sinclair fact sheet from ESPNW.
- Alex Morgan needed to cool down after training in Florida with the USWNT.
- USWNT camp training is heating up.
- The Houston Dynamo ruined Pat Onstad's return with a 4-1 win over DC United last night.
- Brian Mullan was suspended 10 games and fined $5000 for the tackle that broke Steve Zakuani's leg.
- We may not be in the same league, but it's fun to see Montreal struggle.
- Vancouver's website has a view of the future Stade Saputo.....
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.