July 7, 2012
The Rhinos had their biggest offensive game all season on Wednesday night in their 4-1 win over Antigua.
Kendall McFayden earned his first start as a Rhino and proceeded to score twice in the game's first twenty minutes. Andrew Hoxie came on in the second half and scored a brace of his own as the Rhinos convincingly dispatched of Antigua.
Up next for the Rhinos are the Dayton Dutch Lions who sit in second to last place in the USL PRO League, just ahead of Antigua. Although, Dayton has put a nice little streak together at home going 2-0-1 in their last three league matches, all on home turf. That includes a 2-2 draw with league leading Orlando City.
With some help from the Charlotte Eagles, the Rhinos could pull even or a point ahead of the Charleston Battery for second place in the league. Although, the Battery will still hold a game in hand over the Rhinos after topnight's action.
News & Notes:
- The WNY Flash will host the WPSL Elite League final four.
- Phoenix is set to have a team in the USL PRO League in 2013.
- The MISL's new franchise in Chicago has named their head coach in Mexico native Narciso "Chicho" Cuevas.
- The LA Blues will honor Abby Wambach in a send off to the Olympics when they host Orlando City tomorrow night. The match will be a doubleheader with the Pali Blues taking on the Colorado Rapids Women.
- Wilmington has signed Cody Arnoux who has played in MLS and with the Everton Reserves.
- The Montreal Impact have acquired Italian CB Alessandro Nesta.
- Charlie Davies has signed with Randers in Denmark.
- Michael Bradley is moving to AS Roma.
- DC United has new investors and they are minority owners of the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers. I wonder what Union fans think of this?
- The Atlanta Silverbacks fell to the Carolina RailHawks in Eric Wynalda's debut has interim head coach.
- And in case you missed it, Spain drubbed Italy in the finals of Euro 2012.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.