February 18, 2010
The Rhinos have 10 players under contract for 2010 with yesterday's announcement Isaac Kissi and Anthony Hamilton and today's news that former Charleston Battery MF Darren Spicer has joined the Rhinos.
The funny part is the theme that a lot of the new Rhinos have ties to Chivas USA with Kissi, Hamilton, and Spicer all having been drafted by Chivas USA.
Also of note is the news that Vincenzo Bernardo is one of 50 players that are at the current Rhinos combine outside of Buffalo.
Apparently Napoli has pulled the plug on the three year deal that they had signed Bernardo to. If the Rhinos do sign Bernardo, it will be interesting to see if he could have an impact in a league like the USSF Division 2.
News & Notes:
- Chris Nurse has moved on to the Puerto Rico Islanders.
- Charlie Davies is back with his club team in France and is looking to get back playing sooner than most people expected.
- Jermaine Jones might be making some progress in his return from injury, as well.
- Here is the trailer for a documentary on USMNT suporters. If it's out, they should play this before the US-England game at every pro soccer stadium in the US.
- The KC stadium will only have 16,500 seats? Whatever happened to the 20,000 seat minimum for MLS?
- The USMNT is starting to announce Send Off Series games.
- I wonder if this means that Chivas USA will be getting a new name?
- I thought the new MLS CBA was almost a done deal? What's up with this report , then?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.