For a while, the Rhinos defense had not allowed a goal through the run of play. Now they've allowed one in each of the past two games while the Rhinos offense has gone cold leading to the team riding a two game losing streak ahead of Saturday's return match versus Vancouver at Marina Autos Stadium.
Here are some key questions for the Rhinos moving forward:
- Is Neil Kitson the Rhinos #1 keeper moving forward?
- Does Andrew Hoxie need to get back on the field to spark the Rhinos offense?
- Can the Motagalvan-Rosenlund center midfield duo be enough for the Rhinos moving forward?
- Can the Rhinos start getting shots on frame?
- Will the Rhinos be able to turn possession into goals?
Watching Bayern Munich hold the ball for the bulk of the Champions League final and still lose 2-0 to Inter Milan had me wondering if I was watching a Rhinos match from this season.
News & Notes:
- Abby Wambach had a monster game on Saturday versus Germany. The US won 4-0 (highlights here) and Abby drew a PK, converted the PK, got a head on the corner that led to a US goal, had a beautiful nutmeg then assist on the Lilly goal, scored a second goal, and almost had the hat trick before being too unselfish late. Oh yeah, all while playing with a broken nose that hasn't completely healed yet (here is a great US Soccer.com video about it).
- NASL.com has their USSF D2 week in review up.
- I love this Juventus fan melting down after NY defeated Juve 3-1 in a friendly over the weekend.
- Grant Wahl talks about how tomorrow night's game will be the last time fringe players can impress Bob Bradley.
- The crew of Fox Football Fone-In join Greg Lalas on MLS Soccer.com's The Daily.
- TIAS.com has parts 1-4 of the 5 part series on Sacha Kljestan up and part 5 will be up before tomorrow's US-Czech game.
- Part 6 of One Goal: The Road to South Africa is up.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.