April 16, 2011
Stop me if you've heard this one before: Former Rhinos forward comes back to haunt the Rhinos.
Well, it happened again last night with Matthew Delicate getting his 3rd goal in three games for the Richmond Kickers. And Deli's goal in the 24th minute would hold up as the Rhinos were only credited with 4 shots, three of which forced Richmond goalkeeper Ronnie Pascale to make a save.
The Rhinos have a quick turnaround as they have to travel to Wilmington to take on the Hammerheads tonight at 7:30 pm.
- The USL's blog takes a look at the big year in soccer in Rochester.
- Marta will not be with the WNY Flash tomorrow when they open their season in Boston at 6pm on Fox Soccer Channel. It's surprising to me that the best player in the world andsomeone who has played in WPS the past two years is having visa issues.
- Devo had a nice little video of an interview with Flash defender Ali Riley on his blog. If you want to hear more from Ali, tune in to Kick This! at 11am today on 1280 AM or 107.3 FM as she is scheduled to join us during their bus ride to Boston.
- Hope Solo will also be missing her teams opener this weekend. This time it is due to a suspension that carries over from the end of last season.
- Sky Blue FC MF Allie Long was named WPS Player of the Week last week.
- The USL's blog has their weekend preview up.
- Inside Minnesota Soccer.com has some NASL News & Notes.
- Benny Feilhaber has made the move to MLS and Chivas USA is 1st in the allocation order.
- If you missed the Portland Timbers home opener Thursday night on ESPN2, you need to at least check out the MatchDay 360 video that MLS put together and the video of the national anthem on Thursday night.
- US Soccer Daily wants to see the USMNT play in Portland after Thursday night.
- Here is a nice piece on the long history of the Timbers in Portland.
- I liked the Timber Joey video the club put together. The fact that he has his own jersey sponsor in Leatherman is cool, too.
- There was also some video clips of the stadium leading up to opening night.
- US Soccer will be unveiling new youth coaching curriculum on Tuesday.
- FIFA is taking aim at the Alberta vs Canada SA tug-o-war.
- Carlos Alberto is the latest former NY Cosmos player to join the new organization.
- Get to know Sporting KC & USMNT F Teal Bunbury.
- Do the Fort Lauderdale Strikers need the Ray Hudson effect?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.