The Rhinos took a 80th minute lead in Harrisburg last evening when Michael Tanke's 35 yard shot deflected off of a City Islanders defender and wrong footed Nicholas Noble.
But, the Rhinos were unable to make the late lead stand as two Harrisburg subs who came on at half time scored to give the home side the three points. Yann Ekra scored in the 86th minute and Lucky Mkosana scored in the 90th minute for the City Islanders.
The Rhinos will have a day to think about the loss before they take on the Pittsburgh Riverhounds tomorrow afternoon.
Tyler Rosenlund was named to the USL PRO League Team of the Week for his goal in last weekend's 1-1 draw against Wilmington.
- Former Rhino Ian Bennett and 2012 MISL Championship Series MVP Marcio Leite have re-signed with the defending champion Milwaukee Wave.
- The Wichita Wings re-signed D/MF Chris Lemons and signed F Enrique Tovar.
- Today is the first of the final group play match days with Czech Republic v Poland and Greece v Russia.
- The Netherlands, Ireland, and Sweden are all done before they even play their final group stage game.
- Sheva hints that he could head to MLS soon.
- And of course everyone has to speculate what European players could be headed to MLS.
News & Notes:
- The USMNT has 4 points after their first two World Cup Qualifiers following their 1-1 draw in Guatamala.
- Clint Dempsey was named the Fulham Player of the Year for the second straight season.
- It looks like Ottawa to the NASL has some good news.
- Peter Nowak is out as the Philadelphia Union head coach.
- USMNT F Terrence Boyd is on the move to Rapid Vienna.
- The early success of the San Antonio Scorpions has the team revamping their stadium plans.
- No Short Corners has the case for the Cosmos.
- The Toronto FC players like the energy new coach Paul Mariner is bringing to the team.
- I think I see Soccer Sam in this new Nike ad.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.