April 10, 2008
The Rhinos defeated St. Bonaventure 3-1 in their preseason debut for 2008.
Hamed Diallo, Matthew Delicate, and Johnny Menyongar scored first half goals for the Rhinos in the victory.
Newly signed midfielder Luke Kreamalmeyer was in Coach Darren Tilley's starting XI, as was Danny Earls, an Irish Youth International who last played for the Aston Villa Youth Academy and Reserves.
And I really like Alfonso Loera at the defensive midfield spot if they can't bring in someone else and slide him back into central defense.
News & Notes:
- Rhinos Soccer.com has the fullnews release on the new midfield signees.
- Natasha Kai led the USWNT through to the Olympics last evening. Kai had two goals and an assist and Hope Solo got the clean sheet for Pia Sundhage's team.
- An injury riddled New England squad destroyed Kansas City in the Wizards first game in their new home park.
- Here is a cool piece from a Portland supporter about taking in the Timbers-San Jose pre-season affair.
- If you were wondering where the most recent Cuban defectees landed, three are hanging with Becks.
- And it looks like Guavara to Toronto FC is a done deal according to SBI.net.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.