May 4, 2012
This is not a recording. JC Banks scored again, Kristian Nicht had another clean sheet, and the Rhinos return home with a perfect 3-0-0 record as they host the Charlotte Eagles tomorrow night at Sahlen's Stadium.
Banks and D George Kyriazis were both named to the USL PRO League Team of the Week for their performances in Dayton.
The D&C has the yearly Meet the Rhinos page up for this year. Devo has a video up of the new locker rooms that are ready for opening day. Although, they have the Rhinos, the visiting team, and the referees all walking through the same hallway to enter and exit their respective locker rooms. It will be interesting to see how that works if there are any heated matches this season.
Devo also has a video on new Rhinos MF/F Tam McManus that is pretty funny.
The Rhinos also learned the two teams that they might face in the second round of the US Open Cup.
- SBI.net looks back at last weekend's action.
- Soccer America looks at the games coming up this weekend.
WNY Flash & Women's Soccer Notes:
- Mondays with McCall are back for the 2012 season.
- The Flash have signed USWNT D Meghan Klingenberg for the 2012 season.
- Equalizer Soccer.com looks at the wide variety of teams in the WPSL Elite League that includes the WNY Flash.
- The Portland Timbers of MLS have stepped up to help keep the WPSL's Portland Rain alive.
- Equalizer Soccer.com looks at some problems that players in Russia have had.
- The WNT Blog has an update on Ali Krieger's rehab.
- InsideMNSoccer.com have the NASL players of the week.
- Soccer America recaps the mid-week NASL games.
- Soccer America previews this weekend's NASL action.
- Former Rhino Jonny Steele scored the stoppage time game winning goal for Real Salt Lake last weekend.
- Colorado has signed Jeff Larentowicz to a multi-year contract extension.
- Soccer America has the MLS scoreboard for last weekend.
- While Philadelphia sold out their match, a few teams had season low attendances last weekend.
- Houston cut the ribbon on their new stadium.
- Soccer America has the MLS mid-week results.
- Fredy Montero scored a cracker of a long distance goal this week.
- The Montreal Impact are openly talking about a player who might be their first DP.
- Steven Goff has the latest in the DC United stadium saga.
Other News & Notes:
- No Short Corners looks at the USMNT depth chart with WC Qualifiers coming up soon.
- Tim Ream blogs about Bolton's fight to stay in the EPL.
- The USMNT will host Jamaica in Columbus on September 11 in a WC Qualifier.
- Liverpool may go after Clint Dempsey this summer.
- Roma is doing well with their American influence.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to email@example.com. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.