Rhinos advance past Pittsburgh 4-0
Bob Lilley's squad picked a nice night to have one of their best performances of the season as they blew out the Pittsburgh Riverhounds 4-0 on Friday night.
The win puts the Rhinos through to the National Division Final versus the Harrisburg City Islanders at 7:30pm on Friday at Sahlen's Stadium. Chase Harrison was in goal when the City Islanders advanced past the LA Blues by a 3-2 scoreline.
In the American Division Final, Orlando City hosts Matthew Delicate and the Richmond Kickers. Richmond not only has the USL PRO playoffs to worry about. Next Tuesday they travel to Toyota Park to take on the Chicago Fire in the semifinals of the 2011 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup tournament.
Philadelphia advances past magicJack in the WPS Super Semifinal
If the WPS, the Rhinos, and the Flash wanted magicJack to win to pack the house at Sahlen's Stadium, the Philadelphia Independence had other ideas.
Their striker duo of Tasha Kai and Amy Rodriguez both bagged second half goals to push the Independence past magicJack and into the WPS Final.
The Independence were the only team to defeat the WNY Flash during the WPS regular season and this will likely be a realy good match up.
Can't wait to see this match on Saturday.
News & Notes:
- The Milwaukee Wave re-signed 2011 MISL Championship game MVP GK Marcel Feenstra.
- The Shin Guardian talks to USWNT D Ali Krieger about her move back to Europe.
- All White Kit talks to the WPS Player of the Year in Philly's Vero Boquette.
- FC Dallas D George John looks to be one step closer to moving to Blackburn Rovers of the EPL.
- 4 Americans made the FIFA WWC All-Star squad , including Abby Wambach.
- Check out the first MLS on NBC Sports ad.
- Manchester United is so huge it gets top dollar for it's training kit sponsorship.
- The Shin Guardian debates who Jurgen Klinsmann will call up for the upcoming Costa Rica and Belgium matches.
- Clint Dempsey scored twice for Fulham in Europa League action.
- I doubt the Chicago Fire are Sam's favorite squad after playing to their MLS record 15th tie of the season.
- MLS Soccer.com looks at five Americans that could come home to play soon.
- Could Michael Bradley be headed to Serie A?
- It wasn't his debut, but Jozy Altidore bagged a brace in his first start with his new club.
- Check out the goal that won the U-20 World Cup for Brazil.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the
author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or
SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to
firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.