With Ze Roberto on the shelf and Andrew Gregor looking at a one game suspension on Friday night, the Rhinos have added 22yo playmaking midfielder Daniel Antunez.
Antunez finished his college soccer career at the University of Hartford and was selected by the Colorado Rapids in 2008 MLS Supplemental Draft.
With the Rhinos having 23 players on the current roster it will be interesting to see what comes next between now and the 27th.
A big sidenote to tonight's SuperLiga final between Houston and New England is that MLS commish Don Garber is not happy about news that the Dynamo and Revolution players have agreed to split the money that was earmarked for the winners and runners up.
On the field, it will be interesting to see if Houston can win a third straight finals match up with the Revs or if the third time versus Houston will be the charm.
News & Notes:
- Luis Bueno's latest at SI.com is about an American born player with Mexican roots that has turned down a place on the US Olympic roster to stay with his club, Pachuca.
- On the other hand, Soccer 365.com has an article about how Benny Feilhaber put playing in the Olympics ahead of his pro career.
- It looks like the price for one of the 2011 MLS expansion teams could be as high as $50 million per Street & Smith's.
- Pat Noonan isn't headed to Houston per the Chronicle.
- Jamie Trecker at Fox Soccer.com breaks down what the US men and women have ahead of themselves at the Olympics.
- Michael Lewis at Big Apple Soccer.com looks at what the USWNT have ahead of them without a certain forward named Abby Wambach.
- Could the Rhinos pick up this guy before the end of the month?
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.