January 13, 2010
It's a relatively slow news day and my butt is dragging due to a serious lack of sleep.
So, here goes my weak effort for today:
- If you want to get a cool Free Beer Movement sticker , introduce someone to soccer and send the story in.
- I think the Free Beer Movement should raise money to send care packages to the USMNT Blog staff.
- If the US does indeed land the 2018 or 2022 World Cup , it will be a decent length roadtrip beyond NY & Boston for US Supporters here in Western NY.
- No love for Cornell grad Scott Palguta in an article that talks about Ivy League grads in MLS ?
- Ridge Mahoney does a piece for SI.com that looks into the Waldo as U-20 assistant coach news.
- Steve Davis has some LD in Everton links up. No Short Corners has some LD video links.
- The Kartik Report like the Fox Soccer Plus news. But really, what is not to like about something like that?
- I'm sorry, but there are some bad names on the list of potential names for the new D2 team in Minnesota. Personally, I wrote in the Minnesota Ice Fishermen.
- Peter Wilt isn't a believer in the Fire's new head coach yet.
- Unprofessional Foul doesn't seem to be a believer in AC St. Louis's new head coach.
- I am still psyched that Pat Ercoli is the Rhinos GM, Bob Lilley is the Rhinos head coach, and Bill Sedgewick is the Rhinos assistant coach.
- Troy Perkins has written a good bye letter to his fans in Norway and apparently he wants to return to MLS for family reasons per Steven Goff.
- Sigi Schmid gives Philadelphia some tips ahead of tomorrow's draft. SBI.net has a look at some of the top combine performers.
- The Original Winger takes a look at the ongoing issue of the financial state of Manchester United.
- If you want to be the Carolina RailHawks COO/GM, update your resume and check this out.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.