July 28, 2011
Here are some links from around the soccer world on this Thursday...
- BREAKING NEWS: Bob Bradley is out as the USMNT coach. It's going to be interesting to see who's next. Will MLS coaches like Sigi Schmid and Jason Kreis be the type of coach that US Soccer goes to next. Or, will they go the foreigner route with Pia Sundhage doing well on the USWNT side? Either way, it's going to be an interesting ride.....
- Giovanni Albanese Jr at Equalizer Soccer talks about the WNY Flash pushing Alex Morgan instead of Marta.
- D&C.com has time out with WNY Flash do-it-all McCall Zerboni.
- Jenna Pel recaps last night's WPS action.
- Jeff Kassouf recaps Philly 1:0 Boston and Jess Fainberg recaps Sky Blue FC 2:0 magicJack and she has some postmatch interviews , as well.
- The 2011 WWC set TV ratings records all over the place.
- The MISL's Missouri Comets re-signed a couple of players in reigning ROTY Lucas Rodriguez & Geison and the Milwaukee Wave signed Ribeiro.
- The Ottawa Fury dominated the All-W-League team. Of local interest is that Greece Arcadia grad Jessica Shufelt making the team and Rochester Ravens MF Erica Henderson being named to the All-Central Conference team along with Shufelt.
- Former Montreal Impact F Roberto Brown scored for San Francisco as they topped Seattle in a CCL qualifier on Tuesday.
- Toronto FC got a 2-1 home win in the first leg of their CCL Qualifer v Real Esteli.
- The USMNT dropped to 30th in the latest FIFA rankings.
- JF Torres won't slam Bob Bradley publicly. I'm not sure why that is news........
- Jenna Pel is starting her list of the 60 most valuable players at the WWC.
- Jeff Kassouf thinks that Christen Press should be getting some run for WPS Rookie of the Year.
- Check out Neymar's sick goal from last night's Santos v Flamengo match. But, it was Ronaldinho's hat trick that helped put Flamengo past Santos by a 5-4 score.
- MLS Talk has a post about the electric atmosphere at the All Star game last night.
- SBI.net wraps up Manchester United's 4-0 win over the MLS All Stars.
- No Short Corners looks at how Manchester United has rolled through it's North American tour.
- KCKRS looks at Alexi Lalas & Taylor Twellman's fun at the MLS All-Star Game.
- The Soccer Don talks about the +s & -s of twitter.
The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the Rochester Rhinos or SoccerSam.com. Feel free to send any comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. James promises to read (but not to respond) to all of them.